Thursday, October 10, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 161


Hi there! Sorry I'm late! I've been busy with work and preparing for a party this weekend as well. But I'm here now! There was no way I was missing any week this month since our October muse is a favorite of mine! Here's Elena's inspiration for this week's CASE Study Challenge 161.


I was so happy when I saw this inspiration photo because I knew I had a coordinating stamp set for it! So I pulled out my WMS You're a Doll set and started working. This is actually Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe I used on the doll. But with all the gloominess of the day my photo didn't come out so well. I know daylight is the best lighting for photographs but is there another way? Something that won't blow my budget? If there is, please let me know! :)


My favorite background stamps to use with this set is Folk Art Medallion. I just love the detail they bring to each other. After stamping my images and sentiment, I adhered it over a piece of brown, striped patterned paper. Then I attached it onto a kraft card base. My favorite, which I'm sure you've noticed by now. :)

And that's it for me! I hope you enjoyed that! I'll see you again soon! My wonderful friend Nina Yang has kindly invited me to try out her new stamp set Simply Tags: Christmas from Avery Elle, with it's coordinating dies. I'll finally have some time to play! Please come back to see it! :) Thanks for stopping by today!



12 comments:

  1. So pretty!! My family is from the Ukraine and my great-grandmother use to give us these dolls for christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ton blog est magnifique !! j'ai accrochée tout de suite !! je suis fan fan fan !! bisous de France dans les Côtes d'armor en Bretagne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for the case study! Beautiful as always! Oh I finally tried the gift card box...it work perfectly thank you for the idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Jean!! Can't wait to play with my doll stamp too!! I know about work kicking your butt-hoping the inspiration will come this WE....lately it's just making a card to do it versus any creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your cards! You always have such beautiful color combinations! And also, I really enjoy the way you photograph your cards! Love how you stage your photos and make your cards pop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the mix of the stripes with the folk art elements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful! I would never have thought to combine these two stamps, but am on my way to my craft room to CASE very soon. Love your color choices too, again a combo I would not have thought to use. Soft and vibrant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super sweet! I love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Russian nesting doll! So adorable. And congratulations on becoming Stamping Royalty! I hope to try one day. :-) Keep up your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, love those stripes next to the fussiness of the floral pattern and doll! Great combo, Jean : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails