Thursday, October 17, 2013

CASE Study Challenge 162


Hi there friends! Whew! It's been a busy, busy weekend for us at home. Hubby and I had a little party at home to celebrate our birthdays. Yup. We have the same birth date, just different years. :) I made a few party decorations for our spread. Hopefully, the pictures came out nice and I can show you some of them here. :)

I'm glad I had enough time to work on a project for CASE Study Challenge 162. As you know, our October muse is one of my favorite card maker/party planner. She's makes me want to have parties just so I can make decorations! Hahahahaha! Here's what Elena has for us this week.


I love the woodsy feel of Elena's card. So I pulled out the same Birch Tree background stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps


I wanted to make a winter forest theme though. So I heat embossed falling snow onto some vellum and adhered it over the background panel. This is from Lawn Fawn's Let It Snow stamp set.


It can't be woodsy if there are no woodland animals right?! So added these cute little critters from LF Into the Woods. I had my little fox and little raccoon sitting on a cute log from LF Critters in the Forest.

To continue the winter theme, I added some glitter to the top of the vintage cream cardstock that the wee ones are standing on. And just to add a bit more color, I adhered a strip of grass on the bottom. I inked it lightly with white pigment ink to make it look like there's a thin layer of snow on it.


There you go! I hope you enjoyed my card for today! I would love to see what you come up with! Come and join us for a little inky fun! Thanks for stopping by today! I'll see you again soon! :)


9 comments:

  1. Wow, this card looks great! Your winter forest is so cute with the critters in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the effect of the embossed vellum over the background! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you share a birthday Jean! What a fantastic card. You always pull together such a gorgeous card that is not too busy yet so many artistic layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling! I love the snow on the vellum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Jean :-) as always LOVE your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could this card be any cuter? I think not! :D
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabulous, Jean! I love that layer of vellum over the background!
    And I think it's very cool that you and your husband have the same birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card. I never thought to use vellum. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails